Monday, June 30, 2008

Singapore National Library


Erm...Don't know whether is there anyone go somewhere travel till visit library??? Frankly speaking, I purposely go to library because of a mission - borrowing the travel guide book to avoid lost in Australia =p ... I feel not buying the book as it quite costly for me to use only 2 weeks >.< ($60++ per book)

The national library of Singapore is located near to Bugis Junction. It's really huge and nice compare to my country library =p It's about 10 storeys ++ ... The escalator is sensor which mean it only works after you step your foots at the escalator. What I like is:

1. there are many types of books in Chinese, English, Malay ( my hometown library only have malay & english... no chinese books >.<)
2. short pants, sleeveless shirt are allowed ... if you not feel cold hehe (It's not like m'sia that only allow long pants , sleeve shirt )
3. bag can be taken in at the central lending department (as i know, bag is not allow to taken in at my hometown library)
4. all services such as payment & borrowing can be done by own self at the machines
5. you can give back the borrowing books at any drop center at any branch of library at anytime ... it's so convenient (I think if we borrow book at Selangor branch, can't be giving back at KL branch right??)

even the washroom is also nicer =p
there is a TV outside the department
it's introduction about the history of library through the phone
library e-kiosk : u can pay your fine here by using Nets / ezlink card
theater department


No comments: