Monday, July 27, 2009

--Site Visit + Gatherings--

It's a long time no updating blog as back to busy life. After my job confirmation, I busy handling few colleague's job and 1st time work many OT ($$ increase too..although not so much but happy as ex-job no $$ even work till midnight); and last week is my 1st week of ICSA class - corporate law and financial accounting. I'm very confident with financial accounting in earlier as it's the easiest subject to score during my university time. But, this time it's quite different with last time subject -- need to read many FRSs.. I never know what is FRS, and now each FRS has 50++ pages, and we need to study nearly 40 FRS + 13 chapters ... God bless me ...

Besides study, past 2 weeks had few interesting activities -- 1st time join for site visit and another lunch gathering invited by sub-contractor which I like it so much as the foods are so... so cutety and tasty =p [mummy said I noneed to slim down, always eat eat eat]

13 July is Teo's birthday. So all of us headed to steamboat restaurant which is opposite Bugis Junction to have a b'day celebration with him. This time, many of us cook tepayyaki food + nice sauce made by a colleague from Kajima HQ office. And, many of them eat from 7.30pm to nearly 10pm. I eat till 9pm then surrender, too full till run to toilet +_+ And mummy is yelling me again for eating too much, become fatty @_@

teppanyaki...
steamboat...
me & teo, the b'day dai lou among the gang
2 pairs of lovely couple =)
-- All of us --

15 July is Hotel Michael topping up ceremony. My team project - Maxims Residences is the 1st hotel topping up whereby I haven't join the company yet on that time. I'm not involved in the ceremony as I'm not the team member, just grab some photos to share .

Hotel Michael Topping Up Day
The photo frame signed by the team members + consultants, etc...

24 July was praying session held at Hotel Michael. At first, we thought is praying session for "good brother" but heard colleagues said the praying session is pray for smooth and safety work. "Good brother" session will be held on September, during the ghost festival month. I never knew about the praying session till heard from a colleague on that day itself. I accidentally saw a safety admin colleague who wear safety helmet and asked her.. Then only know that she want to go to see the praying session.. So, I "38" and followed her + the safety manager to the site [To go for site visit, we must follow safety colleague / my own team engineer to site as we are admin staff who never join for safety course..]

This is my 1st time to site. In ealier days, QS department friends asked me to go to site too but they said the best time to go visit hotel is during handover time as the air-con and rhe building is ready. I always want to go to site because once the hotels are opened for business, it quite hard for me to visit as the hotel, especially my team project - Maxims Residences is a 6 star hotel whereby the rooms are only for those invited. In other means, even you are very rich, you need to be invited then you only can stay at the hotel. Sounds very geng huh @_@

Back to the praying session, there are only 2 girls (me and my friend) and all are guys... Many colleagues surprise to see us and our appearance quite funny as we wear guy colleague's safety shoe..They said we seems like Mcdonald - wearing big shoe + big vest +_+

During the praying session, everyone, despite culture (japanese, bangladesh...) took joss sticks to pray as a respect for the session. After the praying session, boss brought me to visit to our team project - Maxims Residences. I visited the hotel rooms and felt it's not as big as what I'm think. Then, colleague said "they expect you to come gamble than sleep ma..so room small lo.." True also hahaha @_@

Praying session
All with joss sticks during praying session
The only 2 girls... (we very "38" hehe)
money paper burning session
Maxims Hotel Hard Rock Hotel
photos again at site =)
site office map

25 July 2009, our team been invited for international lunch buffet at Vienna Buffet restaurant which is located at United Square (near to Novena MRT station). This is my 1st time too to the restaurant and the shopping mall. There are full of customers. It served varieties of foods - japanese, western cuisine, teppanyaki, desserts, cocktails...

There are many tiny and cute foods till i took most of them to table and took photo. A colleague said I seems like to take photos than eat. Another colleague said all the foods that i ate was exactly same as what his small niece ate. I only realized what his words mean after a friend interpret his words -- means I'm very childish @_@ But I'm still very excited seeing the nice and cute foods around haha...It's another day that I ate full again >.<

Chinese herbal soup which is served once u sit down
cute & tiny salads...i took all of them...

fried durian, tofu, abalone salad
mouthwatering desserts

mixed fruit juice...

jelly
japanese foods~
crayfish, prawns..yummy yummy
very very cute ... isn't it???
teppanyaki corner -- just select foods and put your table number clip and it'll be served to you
desserts corner (strong recommend for durian cake, really nice)
tube juices (very special,i drank lots @_@) ... cocktails
flower and fruit tea corner

Quite a long blog for today...I still remember that I wrote a blog with a very sad mood and I always used a word to remind me during my down time " There will be a rainbow after a big storm, heavy rainy day". That's true and I'm now quite happy after my depression time. So for my dearest friends who down at this moment, gambate + add oil... Only gone through sadness, we will know what is hapiness.. CHEERS =)

1 comment:

Adorable S.K.Y. said...

jimui, i use to visit the buffet for so many time, it is expensive, but i love it and quite a long time i din go d. next month if i go to Sg, we go again, so this month have to save d...haha...make sure don weight gain...

muacks...